1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I get some confirmation?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Bidrwhofan, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Bidrwhofan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay. Hello, I'm trying to see in a general consensus if I am in fact gender fluid. Here goes

I get along better with women as friends, and talk to them better as well
    I have dreamed about having long flowing hair, down to my shoulders.
    I have honestly had days where I wanted to wake up a woman.

In middle school almost every guy picked on me for some reason or another, but the girls treated me like a friend, they even talked about boys with me as well as other girly stuff. I talk softly, and try to talk loud, but I can't do it. When I sit, I sit with my legs close together at the knees and etc

When I walk, I've walked with my hips leading. I have this natural narrow waist that will not go away no matter even if I gain weight and my butt is the same. It's bigger than every other guys, and about the same as most women. I've started shaving my legs and my body to experiment, and I like it. I love the feel of smooth skin and the look. I seem to have more days where I feel feminine, but I have those days where I'm happy being a guy, even if I don't act it. So I'm confused. I had a Gender fluid friend say I probably am, but what does everyone else think?

2. UniqueJourney

As someone who is going through my own process of self discovery and exploration, I think it's far more important to just "be" ...without self judgment...without feeling like you have to solve or fix anything...and without feeling like you "must" find the perfect label. Labels do not define who you are. And sometimes claiming a label can inhibit our self acceptance of those parts of us that we, or others, don't perceive as fitting into that particular "box". There are many debates about what each label means. And they don't really matter, because at the end of the day you are still you no matter what label you might choose. No label can define you. You define you.

Just be who you are. Accept and love who you are. And choose whatever label pleases "you", knowing that no label can ever communicate everything there is to know about you.

#2 UniqueJourney, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  3. Null

Mmm, those are typical female stereotypes, but stereotypes don't really define your gender! How does it feel when somebody calls you a girl and uses she/her pronouns for you? Do you feel it suits you better than boy/he/him, or are you okay with both? If you feel comfortable being both and it varies from time to time, maybe you are genderfluid!

4. Bidrwhofan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm good with male and female, but I have a few close friends usually call me exclusively female pronouns and treat me like a female unless I'm having a male Day.

5. Null

In my opinion, you're definitely genderfluid.
    However, don't worry if you end up using a different name for your identity. I've known genderfluid people who later on realized they were ftms or demiboys, and that's completely fine. Maybe you'll stay as genderfluid forever, or maybe you'll find a label that fits you better. After all, gender is really confusing.

6. Bidrwhofan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, sex at birth has me as physically male- except for the female features I have naturally.