1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lipstick? Sort of?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by dyinginside, Sep 19, 2015.

1. dyinginside

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would say I'm a tomboy, but I still only want to be female. I talk like a woman but I dress casual and don't have the same interests as most other women. So I'm not sure if I count as lipstick or not...

2. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My recommendation is not to be too concerned about lesbian labels - if you want to call yourself that, go ahead, if not, there's no need to. :slight_smile:

I remember fussing a lot over it way back when I was recently out - was I a blue jeans lesbian, soft butch, babydyke, etc etc etc. But those labels only exist for your own personal usage, and folks really aren't going to care if you don't have one. I don't have one and nobody's ever bothered me about it. Nobody's ever gone 'Yeah, but what VARIETY of lesbian are you?' haha!

But if you want my personal perspective, "lipstick lesbian" to me has always conjured up the image of someone who wears makeup and is typically fairly on the femme end of the femme/butch slider. Still, as I said, the important part is how you self-define. Call yourself whatever you like. :slight_smile: