1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronouns and my fears

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MidnightStar, Sep 20, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    I have my first job tomorrow, I'm scared of people using the wrong pronouns even though i told everyone i don't care what they use i don't know why it's creating huge bursts of anxiety for me and problems suddenly.
    Has anyone ever had these fears/feelings and to what extents?

2. DoriaN

First day of my job I was running late and had a breakdown, skipped my first day and was in bed crying for hours, but I did research and looked things up online to help comfort myself and understand myself better.

The anxiety will be there, but it gets easier to cope. You're you, the way God made you.
    There will be people in this world who love and support you, and others will be cold and hateful. Understand why you are going through this process, why it is necessary to you, why there is no other alternative.

Being trans is hard, our afflictions, our curse, our struggle is more physical than for others; but everyone has one. Don't let the hypocrites bother you, EVERYONE has fear or shame in their life. It's how we own it that defines us, as someone who faces adversity or falls to it.

It took a long time for myself to get my second job, and this is coming from someone who passed and am told I pass; but I still get scared, I still have anxieties daily. Like when learning to drive a car, meet new people, or any such intimidating task; it will get easier with time and only time and exposure will calm your nerves.

Chin up! You'll do well ^^ Much of it is just in our heads, so turn your brain off and be you <3

#2 DoriaN, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015