1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binder/Testosterone Question

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RavenTheRat, Sep 20, 2015.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hello again :slight_smile:
    So, I've been looking into binders for a couple months now, ever since I basically determined that, whatever the HELL I was, I was NOT female. So after looking into it, there are a lot of sources that say if you are an A cup or smaller you don't need a binder, a sports bra will do. (I'm 16 years old by the way)

My breasts are f-ing tiny, which I'm grateful for, less dysphoria for me, but my question is- is there a point where your breasts are too small for a binder?

Also, my question about T is this, and I'm only asking to ease my anxiety. I know this is probably a no, but can a therapist deny you the ability to take testosterone if they don't believe you are transgender? Now, I can't take T until I'm a legal adult becuase I'm in Narnia for good reason, (and though I'm 100% sure I am, if it turns out I'm not trans I'll definitley have a good span of time to realize that), but I'm TERRIBLE when it comes to social interaction, and I'm worried I might say or do something that will make any therapist I may go to in the future say that I'm not trans (I believe you have to have a therapist sign a form in order to take testosterone?) I know this probably seems like a ridiculous question but this will bother me more than you understand unless I know the answer o^o

Thanks guys, really, thank you.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd personally try stuff first. If you are small, a sports bra may work for you.
    You can also try compression shirts, things like UnderArmour, or any athletic wear. That's what I started wearing for when I'm at home, it doesn't flatten completely, but it works for home use and I'm a B.
    Also, when you do start binding, just make sure you don't bind for too long. No more than 8-10 hours at a time, and take it off if your chest starts hurting.
    Hudson's FTM Resource Guide may also have some helpful information in it.

Maybe someone else can answer your T related question.

-Jason

#2 Hawk, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  3. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for the link, super helpful!
    Ah, yes, I made sure to double and then quadruple check the amount of time to wear a binder (thank you anxiety) xD
    I didn't think of compression shirts, that's a really good idea. Thanks a lot!(!)

4. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Getting T differs from place to place, so you'll probably have to look up info for North Carolina specifically (or where ever you plan to be as a legal adult).

This could be a good site for you: Transgender Initiative - LGBT Center of Raleigh

5. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ah, I see. Thank you! And thank you for the link as well; I actually live right outside of Raleigh, so this is very helpful! Thank you so much!