1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mags the Goron, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Mags the Goron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, firstly, I'm not really in a rush to label my gender, I'm just unsure about whether or not I'm female, and it may be nicer to identify as something rather than just "eh, female, I think".
    A couple of months ago, for a few months, I identified as bigender. It was all cool until one day I realised that I hadn't felt any pull to either end for a few weeks, and that's an ongoing trend. If I wear a skirt, I'm cool with it, but when I see good-looking, korean guys I really want to look like them: flat-chested, an Adam's apple, no period, etc. Now, I don't like my appearance to begin with, but that's normal for people my age so I don't give it much thought. It's not something I tend to lose sleep over, but it does bother me. I've felt that she pronouns don't really suit me, but that could be because I'm probably one of the least girly people on the planet, and someone used to be horrible to me about that (I'll quote, "Video games are for boys."), or something else. He pronouns are nice, but I don't want someone to get the wrong idea of me. I've never really liked the idea of using they pronouns for myself. Overall, though, I'm cool with whatever pronouns are used for me. I don't really understand what people mean when they say that, despite their sex, they are a boy/girl. Sure, I've envied guys for their bodies, but I don't know about feeling like a guy inside. I watched a Danish short film called "Boy" (watch it, it's really good!), which is about a transgender, teenage boy. Near the end, he shouts to his mum, "But I'm a boy!" but I didn't really understand what he meant other than wanting a man's body. Meh. Idek. I dunno if you call this agender or what, but who knows.

2. Null

Well, being trans is more than just wanting to have a certain type of body. After all, there are trans people who don't want to transition, but they're still trans.

You could simply be gender non-conforming, but not necessarily trans; maybe you're transmasculine non-binary, you could be agender... thing is, only you can say which label suits you better!

3. Mags the Goron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks! After a little googling, agender seems to fit me quite well at the moment (according to Gender Wiki), but I think I'll give it some time before I label myself. :slight_smile: