1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Expression & Attraction: Masc & Fem

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lastking, Sep 21, 2015.

1. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi, I’m just curious to learn more about gender expressions and attractions, especially with those who identify with the opposite gender (men who identify as feminine and women who identify as masculine). It seems to me that every feminine gay guy is attracted to a more masculine gay guy and that masculine lesbians are attracted to more feminine lesbians. I think it has to do with the concept that opposites attracts, however I was just curious to know are there feminine gay guys who are attracted to other feminine gay guys only or masculine lesbians who are attracted to other masculine lesbians only? I identify as a masculine gay guy who is attracted to other masculine gay guys and I’ve never come across this but it’d be interesting to learn about.

#1 lastking, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a feminine trans guy and I'm attracted to feminine or masculine women and feminine men. I definitely don't think the "opposites attract" rule is a strict rule. I know a lot of people in femme/femme or butch/butch lesbian relationships, and I'm sure the same happens with gay men. Just because people who don't follow the "opposites attract" rule might not be quite as common certainly doesn't mean it's anywhere near unheard of.

#2 darkcomesoon, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  3. UniqueJourney

I second what Jesse said.

In the lesbian community that I've seen there seems to be more femme/femme relationships than butch/femme relationships. And butch/butch relationships are definitely out there though not as common.

Sadly, there are many misconceptions about butch women. And way too much judgment within the lgbtq community in general.

Generalizations never prove true 100% of the time. And usually far less often than that.

4. Jellal

I'm a trans girl and I'm attracted to masculine women.
    I would also say I'm a bit more masculine than feminine.

I tend to use terms like "masculine" and "feminine" pretty loosely, since those terms are totally loaded and they change depending on the cultural lens you view them through.

Anyway, for me it isn't a case of opposites attract, exactly. In fact, the people I find most attractive just have the same qualities I appreciate in myself, but in (from my perspective) larger quantities. I fall head over heels for a girl if she's stronger and more assertive than me—and I don't consider myself to be the embodiment of weakness or submission. So it's not like opposites attracting. More like, me being attracted to the things I like best about me. Egotism in other words.

You see, this is why I'm single.

5. lastking

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That's interesting to learn. Thank you guys for sharing.