1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transition??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Acuba403, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Acuba403

Hi, I am trans but I have not started to Transition yet and I'm really nervous because I have no clue what to expect. I'm completely in the dark about what it will be like and how it will feel ect. People who have gone through this, can you say what it was like for you?

2. AsheTheHuman

Well, first thing you'll want to do is start seeing a gender therapist. They'll monitor you for a couple months and then they'll be able to give you a letter of recommendation for hormones. That's really the point where I'm at, and as it seems you're already out to many, I don't really have much else to say. Do you have any specific questions, or do you want me to go more in depth about gender therapy or anything? I'd be happy to help! ^_^

3. Acuba403

Could you go more into Gender therapy because I'm going to see a doctor who can suggest one to me in a couple days after I come out to my dad and little sis?

4. AsheTheHuman

Sure thing! Gender therapy is, or at least should, be super easy and simple. Their job is to, essentially, make sure "you are trans enough". I find this bs, you find this bs, and chances are they find it bs as well. It's a stupid law put in place by old cis people who don't even want to think about what it's like being us. But I digress. They're here to help you through this stupid rule. And they can help you through other problems you're facing in your life too. Despite my initial complaints, I now have a great therapist that's helped me through a lot, who I plan to continue seeing even after I get hormones.

5. Acuba403

Okay, so were you recommended to you therapist by a doctor or did you just go see them?

6. AsheTheHuman

I started seeing my gender therapist of my own accord, no recommendations or anything. The gender therapist will recommend you to a gynecologist (hormone doctor, basically) however.

7. FootballFan101

LOVE, your signature

8. Acuba403

My favorite quote

---------- Post added 22nd Sep 2015 at 01:03 PM ----------

Ok, thank you for your help, very much appreciated

9. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They'll send you to an endocrinologist since hormones are part of the endocrine system. An gynecologist is a vagina doctor.

10. AsheTheHuman

Herp-a-derp. MEOW's correct. Sorry about that!