1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need courage because anxiety's a b*tch

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by I AM MEOW, Sep 22, 2015.

1. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been seeing a therapist for anxiety and chronic stress recently (although my brother pointed out that could be because I'm trans) and I really need to tell her about gender stuffs, but anxiety. I've been thinking about talking about it for weeks, but it just never happens. I've thought about writing it down, but that just sounds weird to me.
    I also need to come out to my oldest sister (she's the only immediate family member I haven't come out to), but I don't know how she'd take it. My whole family is pretty cool about stuff, so I guess she'd be cool about it, but once again anxiety kicks in. And the fact that my brother is the only one who has started calling me by my name isn't very encouraging. I've tried hinting at it, so I don't think she'd be very surprised, but all those little negative discouraging thoughts start popping up, and I get too anxious to talk to her about it.
    I'm seeing both my therapist and my sister in less than twenty-four hours, and I really want to tell them some how, but anxiety likes to kick people in the face.