1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender and Sexuality?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Accius, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Accius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Back before I realized I was trans, I identified very firmly as being a lesbian. I enjoyed women, I enjoyed kissing them and thinking about them, and I disliked the idea of even touching a male so much it made me sick to my stomach. I never had any real bad experience with guys (minus one really creepy guy in high school, but lets be real everyone had that one guy at some time in their life) that I think would have affected my attraction for them at the time. When I slowly started feeling like there was something different with my gender and wanting to feel masculine, I was more okay with guys. I started dating my boyfriend (a very good friend at the time, I enjoyed being around him so much I decided to push my comfort and identity as a lesbian and give it a chance), and a year and a half into our relationship I realized I was a trans guy. It seemed like by the time I hit that realization, my sexuality had completely flipped, and I found myself attracted to guys far more than girls. Sure I can stomach the idea of dating a woman, but I dont see myself sexually attracted to them anymore.

I was wondering if any other transgender individuals here have experienced something of this sort? I know a lot of people like to say sexuality is fluid and always changing, but it's always struck me weird how my sexuality flipped so dramatically.

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mine didn't flip like that, but I IDed as a lesbian and when I realized I was a trans guy, I realized I was actually bi. I'd thought I was bi in 8th grade but decided after that it wasn't true. I basically convinced myself I was only into girls and that all the crushes I'd had on guys were just me being into the idea of being in a relationship, not being into the guy himself. Turns out I was just uncomfortable with the idea of being the girl in a straight relationship. If I were gonna be in a lesbian relationship, I could be the "guy" of the relationship. Turns out, I actually was a guy. Now that I'm comfortable with my gender identity, I don't feel uncomfortable with the idea of being in a relationship with a guy, and I've realized that all the crushes I had/have on guys were real.