1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What ways are there of expressing my gender under these conditions?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Megan335, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Megan335

So my profile picture under gender I say I am kind of a boyish girl, or at least that's what I feel I am (assigned male at birth).

My problem is that my parents are still dealing or having trouble with me wanting to be a girl and i feel they might get mad or uncomfortable if I went out and bought girls clothing. Nothing I buy would be like super girly or anything (as in I would buy like some girls jeans and a shirt that I would like and possibly I tank top). Still though I don't want anyone in my house feeling weird around me or being upset and wanting to not be around me for some reason. I am seeing a gender therapist sort of soon and hopefully I can start the process of transitioning and expressing my self more as a girl in public.

Anyway I was wondering if there were any private ways of expressing my gender. I tried drawing myself as a girl (not too great at drawing) and identifying as a girl and expressing myself online that way (lot of people I know online know I am trans and treat me well).

I was wondering if there were other ways, besides clothing, that i could express myself.

2. FootballFan101

Do you play video games? Play as a girl character

3. Megan335

I do a lot. In fact I have multiple characters of different species :icon_bigg(science fiction game)

Now that I realize it I mostly made female characters in video games before I even realized I was trans, just felt right.

#3 Megan335, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  4. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you could do girly things with your hair? When I recently hacked off my hair it was one of the best things I've done all year.