1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally Changed FB Name!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by matiasz94, Sep 25, 2015.

1. matiasz94

matiasz94 Guest

I haven't really come out to much of my family, but changed my name and pronouns on Facebook. Idk how they will react, but I've reasoned to myself that I don't need to explain myself to anyone. I'm really excited and nervous, but hopefully I will receive more positive reactions than I am expecting. :icon_bigg

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! I hope it goes well for you.

I would advise a bit of caution, but this mostly depends on your age. If you aren't an adult and/or are still financially dependent on your parents... you may have to do some more explaining for them. Still I think it's fine to come out that way, but they will probably inquire further and I just want you to be ready to respond. :thumbsup:

Anywho, that's great to hear! Let us know how it rolls over.

3. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    They're probably just going to be confused and ask why u change it, be careful though FB has shut down profiles for not using a real name.

4. matiasz94

matiasz94 Guest

Update: My family is doing their best not to mention it, but they did freak out a little bit. I received like five phone calls that night, but everyone just talked around it. My best friend isn't speaking to me because she says I have changed too much and am not the person I once was. I'm trying really hard not to let her get to me, but it is kind of heartbreaking. I hope this is just something she will get over.