1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my mom did this

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Matto_Corvo, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been trying not to think about it or post about it, but it has been driving me crazy for the last day or two.

I guess sometime this week was daughters day or something. I didn't know there was such a thing, and would of contained not to know except my mom decided to make a Facebook post telling her 'beautiful daughter' happy daughter's day. She has done such things in the past. And in the past I thought myself a cis-female, but it always made me feel uncomfortable when she did that and I would ignore it.
    This time around I've realized I'm trans. I always tend to forget she does things like that, so when I saw it pop on my wall the other day I was shocked. I'm out to my mom, she has given me her acceptance, when my aunt asked if ibwas trans my mom told her I was...then she goes on Facebook and says happy daughter's day to her "beautiful daughter". And all I can think is "why would she do that. She knows I'm not her daughter." What is worse is that she posted an old photo of mine. And by old I mean she went through a years worth of pictures on my Facebook to find the last picture of me where my hair was longish and I had make up on. That pissed me off, and my whole mood has gone to hell and I've not really been able to recover from it. I'm still trying to figure out why she did that. I haven't liked the post and I have gone through my Facebook and deleted all my old pics. But its still driving me crazy.

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (Sounds like something my mom would do)

Sorry to hear about that, bro. If I had to speculate I'd say it's probably because she's missing her daughter or wishes you could be that for you. Of course, this isn't possible since you aren't a girl... but to her it probably hasn't "clicked" this early on.

Anyways, I hope she comes around. Perhaps you could use this as an opportunity to talk to her about it? Maybe explaining how you'd like her not to do that (though, she may already know) and it's uncomfortable for you and rather disrespectful of your identity.

Or, you could just post in return a really masculine picture of yourself flexing your arms, hehe.

My family/extended family always puts stuff up about their "beautiful daughter/grandaughter/neice" and so on... It drives me crazy and I always tell them not to post pictures of me on their Facebook accounts (since I don't have one... and for a good reason too!) but they never listen. I know it's annoying but perhaps one day they'll get it. For both our sakes.

If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'm here.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I really haven't talk to her much about it since coming out. I don't really know what to say to her about it. I told her I was genderfluid, and while that is true I am also a trans man. Probably should talk to her about all this.