1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More then confused and still understanding nothing...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by symmetricchic, Sep 27, 2015.

1. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm getting even more confused when it even comes to my gender identity and expression. I don't even know what pronouns to use...but I don't feel like a girl...but at the same time...I don't see myself as a full male...I don't even know what I am getting at. Every time I think about it I just get more and more frustrated. I don't even know if I could ever express it because it is always an endless loop. I just feel really lost. I don't even know if I am asking myself the right questions...

2. horrorgeek

Hmm. If you don't feel like a girl, but also not entirely a boy, you might look into the label "demiboy" or "demiguy", or even just non-binary genders in general. Have you considered using they/them pronouns, or neopronouns like xe/xir? Preferred pronouns don't necessarily indicate gender, though, and it's totally okay to try on different ones to find what's most comfortable for you. I know from experience that gender identity can be difficult and frustrating to figure out, but it'll happen in time and is something you'll have to discover for yourself. I think you should definitely start by learning more about different non-binary identities and pronouns, and see if any feel right to you.

Hopefully this helps some. Best of luck(*hug*)

3. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you! I will definitely try to do some research on that. I feel like I do need a different pronoun then the one I am used to "she" and that sometimes it would be different in other situations. I've really got to do more in depth thinking although I'm really scared. Thanks so much for your post.

4. symmetricchic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you horrorgeek! I'm no longer afraid of what I identify as now that time has past. It's still in the works and not completely absolute but demiguy sounds like it may be it or maybe even transmasculine or non-binary gender. I will figure things out more but I have made much more progress then before. Thank you!!