1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by closetsock, Sep 27, 2015.

1. closetsock

Out Status:
    A few people
    Currently, I'm in high school and still live with my parents. I pass very, very well as male, which makes all social situations extremely uncomfortable for almost all parties involved almost all the time. I can't go to bathrooms anymore without wanting to throw
    up because people have kicked me out of a girls' restroom, and I can't go in a men's restroom because I'm too nervous and if someone I knew was in there or around there it would have serious repercussions. I can never change in front of people for gym but am forced to use the girls' locker room, so I change in the bathroom, but even so I get extremely uncomfortable and dysphoric. I have gotten two UTI's from holding in my pee too long because there aren't gender neutral bathrooms at my high school and I can never feel safe in either gendered bathroom. My parents won't let me transition because my father is homophobic and transphobic, and my mother is transphobic and is trying to get me help, but in doing so is only making everything worse because she prolongs how much time is going on between my doctor's appointments. In March she said I'd go to an endocrinologist, and it's October now and I haven't seen a doctor since winter of last year. Things are spiraling more and more out of control, and I don't know how much more I can take. Can any of you help me?

2. Null

My advise is that you should see a psychologist/mental health professional who is LGBT+ friendly. They will help you with your dysphoria and also can arrange a meeting or talk to an endocrinologist (at least that's what happened in my case).

I'm not sure if this is the same in the US, but trans people have the right to start HRT without a prescription. If you are a minor, though, you need your parent's permission.
    If you'd rather leave your parents out of this and do everything yourself, wait until you're older (if you're a minor of course)