1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just some tomboy fashion advice needed

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by bubbles123, Sep 29, 2015.

1. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

So I figured this would be the right place to put this?

I'm female but am pretty tomboyish. I want to start trying some more masculine looks and stuff. I just don't really know where to buy the clothes I'd want.
    I guess I'd like to try something like this:
    [​IMG]

I like the short sleeve button-downs, but I'm pretty petite and short so most of the guyish ones I want are huge or unflattering on me. I was just wondering if anyone knows where to get good ones, either a place that sells really small men's sizes or even sells these types of shirts in the women's section (without looking to feminine)?

I also don't know where I'd get vests like that. Could these be found in the womens' section of most stores or the men's and are there stores where I might have better luck finding that type of thing?

Any advice appreciated, thanks in advance!

2. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Little boys section :slight_smile: Im reallysmall and fit in a medium/lg in boys. Nothing in mens fits me.

---------- Post added 29th Sep 2015 at 10:00 PM ----------

My middle boy dresses pretty similar tothat, actually. Usually not hard to fins casual button ups and vests

3. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If everything in the men's section is too big (which is a problem for me too), go to the boy's section. The larger sizes there might work, that's where I get some of my clothing.

I've heard people say that Topman and H&M are both good for smaller men's sizes (though H&M is too big for me as well, I go to the boy's section of H&M). I've never tried Topman though.
    You can find some more tomboyish shirts in the women's section too (eg button ups, vests), but the exact same shirt with the same style will be made slightly differently in the women's versus men's section, eg how it's cut, how it fits around the waist/hips, and sometimes the button direction. My go-to is the boy's section, but that's just a personal thing.

Good luck with it!

#3 Alder, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Thank you guys! This was very helpful<3