1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treading water in Australia

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Tyto, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Tyto

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey. I've just joined because I need people to talk to. I want to hear similar stories, experiences, feelings and emotions. I want to meet more people like me. I live in a semi-rural area on the mid north coast of New South Wales in Australia. There aren't too many creatures like me around, or if there are, I have no idea how to find them... I've been out as gay for years, I have a gorgeous partner (femme). I live on a beautiful farm, I'm able bodied. Im thankful. But... I can't stand to see my reflection. I bury my self loathing by working hard, giving a lot of myself to those around me and feigning confidence. I drink to blur the unhappiness. I'm transgender - I was assigned female at birth, but have never (despite trying hard) felt feminine. But I don't (think) I want to fully transition to become physically male. I'm booked in for top surgery next year. I think I'll take hormones one day. No. I know I want to. I want to build more muscle. I want to be gendered as male by strangers. And as butch as I am, it's rare that it happens. I am still predominantly treated as female. Which baffles me sometimes. How can they not see??!! I feel unhinged at the moment. I have random bouts of severe anger, where I have to punch something (never someone..!) which leads to a few bruised knuckles (you shoulda seen the wall...!) This body isn't what it was meant to be... I'm treading water right now. Let's hear from y'all