1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender identity confusion

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by animefan2861, Oct 1, 2015.

1. animefan2861

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So, I'm not sure now whether I'm genderfluid or just a tomboy.

I do love to dress casual, i.e. t-shirts and jeans, but there are times when I prefer to dress up. Mostly in dress pants, even though I hate my current ones.

Sometimes I do feel more like a guy than I do a girl. And sometimes I don't feel like anything at all. It's majorly confusing. I have thought about it, and I think I may be genderfluid, but I'm not 100% sure.

Any tips or ideas?

2. YinYang

Do you sometimes wake up and look in your closet and think 'today I want to look girly' or 'today is a guy day', or something similar? Or is it more of 'I really hate dresses, but I don't opposed make up'?

3. Acuba403

Take your time, there is no rush to label yourself. If you want you don't have to label yourself at all, just identify as you. The only reason I identify as Pansexual is because it's easier to explain to people than having to say Gender doesn't matter to me 150 times. So just do you there's no rush.

4. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How you like to dress is gender expression, how you feel about your body, how you see yourself, and how you want to be seen by others is gender identity. In 5-10 years do you see yourself as just a tomboy? Do you see yourself sometimes as a woman and sometimes as a man?

5. Acm

Acm Guest

The clothes that you like to wear are separate from gender identity. Lots of women like wearing unisex or masculine clothes. What do you mean when you say you feel more like a guy?