1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passing Tips?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Leon Vernanzio, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Leon Vernanzio

I'm going out tomorrow with my friend (who already knows I'm trans) and I'm gonna try to pass for the first time... I got a cap to keep my hair hidden, and a DIY binder (don't worry, just sports bras) but I kinda need a few tips from someone who's succeeded before...

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there, Leon.

This is the best resource I've found for passing, and it was super informative to read through. I don't think I could put it any better, but here are a few basics:

*Be confident.

*Dress in clothes that accentuate a masculine appearance, such as layered shirts and fitted/slightly loose trousers.

*Caps and hats really help pass you off as a guy.

*Overall, and this is more of a long term goal, if you work out a lot and try to build some muscle - this will seriously help you out and get you on your way to a more masculine physique.

*Wear men's deodorant/cologne, just not Axe (haha) and not too much.

*Try speaking in a softer, firmer voice. I'm not saying to use a "fake low voice" as many young trans-guys struggle to do, and often inadequately. But rather train yourself to speak differently, still in your voice, but more like a guy. I once heard (though haven't verified to see if it's true) that men tend to end their sentences on a low note, as opposed to a high note. I'm talking about pitch here. Could try that. Also you may try looking up how some male celebrities that you admire, speak. Watch how their voice fluctuates and moves - might learn something.

That's all I got. Best of luck to you, bro.

3. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only