1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afraid of being a girl

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Linus, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let's get something clear. I'm NOT a girl...

though I have a female body. I'm Genderfluid, and, a lot of the time, I'm a guy, or something in between, or occasionally Agender. But, sometimes I am a girl, or at least, feeling more feminine. It always makes me nervous though, because I wonder, what if I stay that way? What if I've mixed everything up and everyone who knows will be confused? I don't WANT to be a girl. But, SOMETIMES/occasionally I am, and I can't help it.

Again, most of the time, I'm either a boy, or in between/neither. I am NOT a girl, and I hate being called one. But when I am a girl I don't mind being called one. I just don't want people to keep calling me one. I don't want people to start thinking I'm a girl just because I am OCCASIONALLY. I discovered my genderfluidity later than most, (teens) and that's really unusuall, or so I've heard. But, I truly do feel genderfluid. Or Genderqueer, in any case. Screw the labels. I don't know. I'm pretty sure I'm not a girl, but if I am sometimes... Does that mean that I'll change back? But I'm a boy sometimes too, so maybe I'll go completely trans? I really don't know. I feel like everyone's expecting me to go to one side or the other.

#1 Linus, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Someone? Anyone? Any advice?

3. randomconnorcon

It's not unheard of for a gender to, lets say, stick for a longer period of time than usual and I've heard of a couple of people using the label genderfluid until they've become more comfortable with their identity and 'chosen' a side. But you're a bit like me, in that I am mostly either male, demiboy, or agender, but every so often I'll feel a little feminine and that really freaks me out because I don't want to be female. I'm not a girl, even if my physical body says otherwise. It can be a sucky feeling sometimes, but all we need to remember is that our gender changes and we don't have to pick a side. Not now, not ever. Personally, I think that if you're a boy or neither a lot more than you're a girl, then you're not likely to change that and just be a girl.

(At least, that's my hope because I don't want that either since I plan on transitioning.)

Also, I didn't find the label genderfluid for myself until this year, at 21. Though I started to wonder if I was trans in my teens.

#3 randomconnorcon, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015