1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another name thread ^.^

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Invidia, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    hey all :smilewave I've got my first name, Rebecca, down. I have one middle name down, also. Those two were both chosen by my mom; they are the ones I would have gotten if I had been AFAB. I really like them. :slight_smile:
    But I was thinking I want one middle name of my own choice, though. First I found the name Ara in a song. I thought it was beautiful. Then I learned it's pretty much unisex as far as I understand. In the US, more girls had it, I think, although in Sweden more boys had it. It was the name of a legendary Armenian king, apparently, and the Latin word for "Altar", which are both pretty badass :thumbsup:

Anyways, I wanted it to be strictly F, though. So then I found the name Arabella. I think it's really great, and Ara can be used as a nickname then. What do you all think? ^.^

I'm also thinking of the name Fay. I think it's pretty. and it means "fairy". And I like fairies and all :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways, any input is appreciated. xoxo

2. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think they're both good. Me, I'd lean towards Fay just because it sounds better when used in conjunction with the first name Rebecca, but if you like Arabella better, go for it. :slight_smile: It's whatever sounds best to you.

#2 ThatBorussenGuy, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Thanks! :slight_smile: xo

4. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm strongly considering Fay myself, so I definitely like it. Also, it would use fewer syllables than Rebecca Arabella.

But then, Arabella really is a nice name. I guess it depends on which one you think suits your personality best. Fay sounds more foresty and fairy-like to me, while Arabella sounds more elegant.

5. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Thanks for the input, Florestan! :slight_smile: I do like Fay. ^.^ With Arabella I would most often use it as Ara if I ever used it for something, I think.

6. Gen

Gen

I am definitely leaning towards Arabella.

I have an old character from a story named Fay. It clearly has its appeal; however, Rebecca and Fay come from two very different settings and origins. Rebecca Arabella sounds much more natural than Rebecca Fay. Is someone asked me which of the two they were named, I would guess Arabella because even though it is more rare it sounds like a middle name that you might encounter. Lovers of fantasy and the gaming community are more likely to use the name fay than expecting parents. Especially since Arabella parallels Rebecca in its spelling.

At least that is what comes to mind when I compare them.

7. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Thanks a lot, Gen! You seem very good with words and writing and stuff and your input is much appreciated! :slight_smile:

8. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ooh! I have an mtf friend called Fay! Well, actually it might be spelled Faye, i cant remember. Anyways, it's a great name.

9. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Faye is apparently the more common spelling of the name :slight_smile:

10. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm leaning towards Arabella. It's a pretty name. Rebecca Arabella seems to have a nice flow to it as well. :grin:

11. deathorbs

deathorbs Guest

Arabella is unique and rolls off the tongue nicely. I also love the nickname "Ara".

I think when it comes to names, it's a rather intuitive thing. When a name fits well, you'll know it.

12. Posthuman666

I really like Arabella, and I have a great aunt named Faye. Both really pretty names. Arabella definitely has this really neat aura around it.

Im thinking of using Signe as a middle name. It is a modern adaptation of the name Signy. It roughly translates as "new victory". I think it is a coolish name.

13. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Thank you all :slight_smile:

And that's cool about that name Signe, Posthuman. :slight_smile:

14. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like Arabella a lot, individual from Rebecca. Following that first name though, I'd suggest Fay as it blends better.

However if you're having two middle names, it could work (depending on how your first mid name sounds). Could go with Rebecca --------- Arabella ------------- if it sounded right.

15. horrorgeek

Both are really pretty and unique, but personally I feel like Rebecca Faye has a very nice ring to it, and doesn't have too many syllables. I do like that Arabella is able to be shortened into a cool nickname, though.