1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what I am anymore..

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MonsterAnarchy, Oct 4, 2015.

1. MonsterAnarchy

So, lately, I identified as trigender. I switch between female, agender, and demiboy depending on my situation and who I am interacting with, but I do feel agender most of the time. The thing is, I feel like the word trigender doesn't suit me. I hold the qualities of being trigender, but the term doesn't feel like me. I feel more of a connection to "agender". Like, calling myself agender feels more natural than calling myself trigender. Even agender fluctuate (a term that I thought up of) seems more natural. I feel more of a connection to the identity agender, but feel more of a connection to the definition of trigender. Is it cause I feel agender most of the time more than my other two genders which makes me uncomfortable with the term "trigender"? Or is it something else? Why do I feel this way? Shouldn't I feel a connection with trigender since it describes me so well?

2. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're a person. Nothing will ever BE you because these are just rough concepts that we come up with. There are lots of threads that are just based around this concept of asking "is this the right word for what I am?" But the point is that it doesn't matter. You be you and use the closest word that fits you if that helps. At least that's what I do. If you don't feel like it quite fits, though, then maybe it isn't quite right! I used to be told I fit all the qualities of a "boy" but now I'm finding out that I never really fit that in my heart, so. Figure out you, then start using words to describe yur own personal beauty inside! With that being said, I really enjoy language and the way words represent us and if you want to talk in more detail at ANY time I would be happy to ponder it with you.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes certain words just feel more comfortable than others. The word that fits me most accurately is genderfluid (though really the label that describes my gender best is "confused and doesn't know what's going on"), but I usually prefer to refer to myself a trans guy because that's what I am most often, and that's how I'm most comfortable. Is it 100% accurate? No. Does it properly convey the days that my dysphoria doesn't feel 100% binary male? Not at all. But it's the label I connect with most, so it's the label I use.