1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really questioning gender identity now...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by animefan2861, Oct 4, 2015.

1. animefan2861

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I feel like I should be Gender Fluid, but I'm not 100% sure if I really am. Even when I feel more female than I do male, I rarely ever wear makeup.

Have I felt this way for my whole life? Maybe.

When I was a kid I would play with Barbies just as often as I would with Tonka Trucks.

Do I like to wear dresses and skirts? Yes.

Do I like to wear regular T-Shirts and jeans? Absolutely!

Would I like to learn to tie ties? Duh.

Do I like the look of vests and short-sleeved Oxford shirts? Who doesn't?

Do I like the pretty dresses and skirts I see around? Of course!

Am I glad that I was blessed with a small breast size? You have no idea.

Would I like to bind sometimes? If I had the money I would.

I think my question with all these mini-questions is how can I be sure if I am Gender Fluid or just a tomboy?

To all the Gender Fluids out there, how did you figure out that you were Gender Fluid? And do you have any advice for someone like myself who is questioning their gender identity? :confused:

2. Acm

Acm Guest

Just wanted to say that the way you dress, and the toys you played with as a kid have nothing to do with your gender identity. If those are your main reasons for questioning your gender, I would say you just sound like a tomboy to me. Just my opinion.

3. animefan2861

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's not just that. It's also how I feel on the inside. My brain is confuzzled. Am I more male or female? Am I somewhere in between? Not really sure. Those were just the questions I could think up at the time of the post. Do you have any advice for how I can figure things out?

4. C P

C P

^ Have you considered simply 'genderqueer'?

Are you able to go a bit more into your 'feeling like x more than y' days...like is that a fluctuating balance type thing or is it more of a 'feel like x on some days/moments and y on some days/moments'? I ask because your op sounds more like the former and would suggest you look into 'bigender' to see if that better fits?

Sorry if that is a bit confusing but trying to help and you don't seem to go into much detail about that feeling I'm trying to guess from is all. :v

5. animefan2861

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I guess the latter would apply to me more. I'm just trying to figure it out, is all. And I do tend to leave out a lot of details in my original posts and add them in later on. It's a habit of mine that I'm trying to break.

6. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What you like and what you wear don't really have anything to do with gender identity.
    Do you often feel more masculine some days, more feminine others, or something in between (neutral, both)?

Another term that may suit you might be "androgyne"?

If you want to learn about more terms and labels, Gender Wiki is a good site.

7. animefan2861

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Not to be rude, but if you had read my replies, you would know that I have a tendency to leave out important details when most needed. But I will check out both of those links.

8. C P

C P

I hope that wasn't too confusing. Let me see if I can word my question better(just to be safe)....

By 'fluctuating balance' I mean if you feel like both male and female at the same time, but a varying balance of it(like 60% male and 40% female, as an example, but that could shift with you still feeling like both). <--- that would sound more bigender

As for the other part, that's where I meant if you feel like female at times and male other times(separately). If you got that and meant this, then that sounds like you could definitely be genderfluid.

9. animefan2861

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family

The second part of that definitely sounds more like me. But I think I'll take some more time to figure it out before coming out at all. I did that when I thought I was bi, when I'm actually not. I only like men. I am female by birth, but that's different.