1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for genderfluid people

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Midori, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    Does anyone else feel like this? For example..one day I'd feel cis and I'd think "I'm probably not genderfluid..maybe I'm just faking it." Whe I'd feel male "Maybe I'm transgender?" Overall..mostly confusion. Is it only me that feels like this or..? Sorry if I've confused anyone, I just needed to get this question out of my mind

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I never feel 100% CIA and I tend to flounder about on the male area. But I do get a similar confused place

3. MyMoribundMask

Out Status:
    Some people
    I do feel the like that.
    You're not alone.

4. BandFangirl

BandFangirl Guest

This is EXACTLY how I feel and I struggle with feeling like I'm not really genderqueer ans that it was just "a phase".

5. C P

C P

I'm not genderfluid, but I can sympathize with some of your feelings here. A good example would be how dysphoria can temporarily fuck with my mind and make me wonder if there's something trans*-related going on, or my more...indifferent moments can make me wonder the same thing, but with cis ponderings instead. (Even if both sides to the above get shutdown fairly quickly)

As we all seem to know/relate to, being nb can be confusing as heck.

6. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can relate to that a lot! I swing a lot between 'Wait, I'm probably just a cis girl after all, right? I'm not even dysphoric and haven't been for weeks so clearly I'm a girl,' and 'I literally have no idea why I refuse to describe myself as trans - in what way is this dysphoria and gender stress not a Trans Thing?' and 'Oh man, what if I'm binary trans in denial or something?'

You'd think that after quietly identifying as non-binary for around seven years, I'd be over the dual-sided doubt, but it sure does continue to crop up. I'm sitting around waiting for it to turn out to have just been a phase, even though it obviously isn't!

Genderfluidity sure does come with its own...uh, unique...awkwardnesses.

7. Alisa Arwen

This is similar to me.