1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Femininity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Alisa Arwen, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Alisa Arwen

What, in your opinions, is femininity?

I am wanting to express myself outwardly as a little more feminine at times, but I feel uncomfortable being feminine, even though a big part of me wants to be and lovesd the idea.

2. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oooh! I love this! It really depends on what you are comfy doing. I'm assuming you're amab?
    If so, the way you talk goes a looong way, first off, and people don't usually perceive it as a huge deal. the way you move is also very obvious but not too permanent or commented on. They both reflect an internal femininity without trying to look like you're a different person or someone who is trying too hard.

3. Alisa Arwen

Yup. Still trying to work out how I identify myself.

4. Willa

As a spiritual person, I immediately think of the sacred feminine and sacred masculine aspects. The traditional image of sacred femininity is the Mother. She is beautiful, but in an abundant way, not a vapish waif way. She cultivates the land, provides sustenance and comfort, but also is a protector. She's the fierce she-wolf. Women's lives move in cycles: birth and death, sex/creativity and solitude/introspection. If you tap into those cycles, you can ride them throug your life, and that is living the sacred feminine.

5. MetalRice

I'm not really sure what it is honestly.