1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird behavior in my environment.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Natasha Elyssa

I find it weird how my extremely transphobic community is so obsessed with tans stuff. Like reality shows, plays, Caitlyn Jenner, etc. Like my dad thinks of Transgender like it's aids or something, yet I catch him watching Transgender reality shows and interviews with Trans people. My mom mocks and detests Trans people yet fangirls over a play involving a transvestite protagonist (she profiles transsexuals as transvestites). Students and teachers in my school obsess over Caitlyn Jenner and Lela Alcorn (sorry if I spelled it wrong) even though they would all beat the shit out of me if I was out. People I've worked with obsess with transsexuality while bashing it at the same time. Does anyone else notice behavior like this?

#1 Natasha Elyssa, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  2. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Yeah, reminds me of me when I hated furries. I had the strangest compulsion to research the shit out of them, even though I wanted nothing to do with them back then. Kind of stupid in retrospect. At least I'm now a friend of their community instead of a raging douchebag against any and all things covered in fur. It feels a lot more pleasant to be kind to people instead of shunning them. :icon_bigg

3. BandFangirl

BandFangirl Guest

I think it is the part of us humans that wants to understand everything but fears the "unknown and scary" stuff, in this case, transgender ism.