1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working out With a Binder

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ImSleepwalking, Oct 9, 2015.

1. ImSleepwalking

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys, wondering if any transmen have advice about working out in a binder. I'm trying to get really fit, I'm pretty skinny right now, but I have no muscle mass and want to bulk up. While I can deal with lifting weights shirtless or whatever because its my room, I really want to go out jogging/sprinting because running in place is boring af.

I tried running in my binder and I almost puked for some reason after two minutes, I've also noticed it takes me a lot longer to digest food now because I've been wearing my binder for over two years (I know that's bad but I don't really have any options right now). I've thought about running at night, but I live in a really country area and... you can put the rest together. Just for reference I have one of those binders that looks like an undershirt you tuck into your pants from underworks.

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really isn't a good idea to do physical activity in a binder, much as it sucks. They constrict breathing badly and can seriously damage you. Honestly, I would take a small break from binding if you're getting to the point where you're going to puke and digesting food is hard. The dysphoria might be bad, but difficult as it is, it's better for you to stay healthier in the long term.

3. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lack of oxygen would be why you got sick. Even if you feel like you're breathing well, you chest is still restricted, so you are not getting as much oxygen. I would use a high impact sports bra and a baggy shirt. It sucks, but it's only for a little bit and it's better than not being able to breathe.

4. AlexLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's because the binder is increasing while you work out. I have one and I wear it to work and sometimes that's to much because I do heavy lifting. I work out a lot and in the common room with everyone else. Instead, I wear a sports bra that's a size to small and under armour that's a size to big for excersizing. This flattens the chest while wearing a shirt that itsn't firm fitting AND they are clothes that are made to work out. I haven't had an issue yet. Also if you wear your binder a lot, you'll notice your boobs are slowly loosing their elasticity which means you can start to move them around to make them look more like pecs intead of boobs.