1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Mom says you want to be a boy."

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kodo, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Mom says you want to be a boy."

That's what my brother told me this evening, which sent chills down my spine and set my stomach to squirming. So she's begun to catch on, and I've realized that the time is coming very soon. I don't know if I'm ready yet... I feel like I should be but its still terrifying.

I've decided (pretty much) that if my mum confronts me directly, I'll tell her and give her the letter. If not, I'll stick to my original plan of coming out after the New Year. I'm just freaking a bit right now... I mean, it should be rather obvious that people are getting hints, with the way I dress and everyone "mistaking" me for male in public.

It's kind of the sensation you get when you've decided to jump off the high dive, and then have a panic attack when you're at the top, and people are waiting on you to go...

What does my family think, I wonder? What is going through their minds right now? Is the notion that I might be trans a possibility? Could they possibly suspect? I'm sorry if this sounds like a panicked rant (it kind of is) but any advice is appreciated.

2. Jalo

Jalo Guest

I am so happy for you! I am getting a feeling that your family will be accepting. Good luck out there.

3. Distant Echo

Sounds like they are waiting for you to come out. That's great. But do it when you are comfortable.
    And congrats.

4. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only thing is, they are very homphobic and transphobic... They may be waiting, but in fear that I might be one of those perverts...

5. Lone Dragon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey now, they are your parents and they should love you no matter what. At least that is
    what I'm told. I think it just takes time. I think parents always have these expectations, hopes and dreams for their children. And you know, their aspirations never really go as planned for their children, which is totally fine.

I think you really got to stay positive here. Negative thoughts will never do good in any situation. They don't seem to be pressuring you, so don't feel pressured to do anything if you are not ready.

Just stay calm buddy and take it one day at a time.

6. Distant Echo

Maybe realising that you might be is starting to sink in...and they are getting used to the idea?

What tone of voice did your brother use?

7. TheEpicPanda

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, we are going through almost the same thing right now. My parents are somewhat homophobic and very transphobic and I feel very masculine if not only masculine all the time. I very much believe i am supposed to be a man. I just want you to know there are many people in alike situations to yours. Im here with ya dude.