1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When I come out

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Natasha Elyssa

When I come out, how should I do it? Here's the thing, I want to write a letter and give it to my mom explaining my gender, and desire to transition. Now I also would like to bring her to a counseling session at my local LGBT center. What should I do? What should I say? I want to type up this letter, so I would like some ideas. If anyone could give me some facts and language I should use to convince my mom that I need her acceptance, help, and support and to stress how important transitioning is to me. Help? Please? <3:help::icon_sad::icon_redf

2. MetalRice

What you do is up to you, if you feel that it would be easier to write a letter where you could put your thoughts and feelings down in a concrete manner then you do that, if you want to do it face-to-face you can do that to, I personally came out via a Facebook message (at least for my gender), but do whatever is best for you to do with this matter.

3. AlexLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Make sure you explain the difference from Transgender and Transexual. People get those mixed up a lot. This isn't about who you want to have sex with, but who you want to be. I'd just let her know that you are still the same person, but that you want who you are on the outside, to match who you are on the inside. That you want her love and acceptance and want her involved in all your transformations.

4. Jmiller85

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Best of luck