1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School issue...what to do?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ErickWolf, Oct 13, 2015.

1. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So tomorrow I most likely can't stay home. All the freshmen and people who don't have the PSAT test have to go to the gym and auditorium for some counseling crap. One of the activities is a lesson on sexual harassment, where, for some God-awful reason, we're getting separated by gender. I would go with the guys, but they might think of gender as birth/physical sex. I don't fucking want to be in an all-girls group; it's like saying I identify as a girl which is a big fat lie. What am I supposed to do? I know it's "only one day" but come on; it would make me horribly uncomfortable. I don't want to go waste a day doing boring junk like that, but the sex separation is like mud icing on a dirt cake... What if I don't have time to explain my situation to a teacher? I might get called out and made to go with the girls, which would not be a great impression at a new school. I tried doing what I can to just skip tomorrow but my mom called the office to ask (the stupid schedule for tomorrow is confusing anyway) and they apparently suggested I should go. But I asked my art teacher about the schedule and she said it's 'up to me whether I show up at noon or don't go.' I wish my mom had just left it at that. I was sick earlier in September but I'd still have 7 sick days left if I skipped tomorrow!

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow... That's a toughie.
    Honestly, you're a guy, and you should be allowed to go with the rest of the guys. I know it's hard, but you should talk to a teacher about being allowed to go with the rest of them. Don't worry about impressions at a new school, as long as you are confident in who you are, you'll be fine. Just be brave, and don't let anyone try to deny your identity. Let us know what happens! Good luck! (*hug*)
    And the upperclassmen are having PSATs at my school too tomorrow, except for freshmen that means our first 3 periods are an hour and a half long. And I start my swimming unit first period tomorrow. With a "female" swimsuit. Not fun. Probably gonna be a dysphoric nightmare.

ADDED:
    Don't feel bad if you end up skipping over it. There's nothing to be ashamed of, just do what makes you feel comfortable.

#2 DreamerBoy17, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  3. Jalo

Jalo Guest

Tbh if I were you, I'd just skip tomorrow.

Ha, that's how school is for me everday! Four periods a day, each period 1 1/2 hours long. It seems tedious but you get used to it.

4. sailingonwards

I hate to say it but if I were you I'd be skipping school.

Sincerely, a nerd who never skips school

5. Willa

Honestly the best thing to do is just hang out in the guidance office during the seminar. My high school had a sexual assault seminar my sophomore year, and I did that, not because I'm trans, but because I am a victim of sexual assault and couldn't sit through it. There were several people who opted out of the assembly for that reason. I'm sure you won't be the only one who decides to chill in guidance or the nurse's office for a little while. You can chill out and do your homework. :slight_smile:

6. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I seriously wish I could just skip! But I'm glad I don't have to take a swimming unit like that; gym teachers just suck sometimes. It's like they're out to make students hate their class, then get pissed that we hate it. Well wish me luck, I'm gonna try asking a teacher if I get time. This is definitely a bit nerve-wracking. The last thing I want is for them to call home if I stand with the 'wrong group', though everyone at this school seems to be LGBT-inclusive.

#6 ErickWolf, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015