1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out at School

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by LyonTheGreat, Oct 15, 2015.

1. LyonTheGreat

LyonTheGreat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I live in an area that is mainly accepting of the LGBT community, but I'm not one hundred percent sure what everyone will think. Especially a few kids who already think I'm a bit odd already... people just see me as that annoying tsundere-ghost who draws on all the desks. And most of the people in my school already hate my guts... Coming out to the teachers will be easy, because i know they'll be accepting, but the kids at my school are just jackasses. Most of them Harras this kid who came out as MtF not too long ago and I fear the same will happen to me. I'm confused on what to do..

2. FootballFan101

Hmm it sounds like youd be safer staying closeted at school, maybe ask your parents after you come out to move to a near by school

3. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

It sounds like it might not be a good idea for you to come out at school unless you really feel ready. It's hard to contend with the jerkiness and ignorance of high schoolers. If you want to come out and know anyone that you really trust, you could tell just them first if you want. But just do what you're ready for/comfortable with given the possible consequences since some kids are jerks.

I'm sorry if this wasn't great advice.
    Best of luck<3