1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cross-dressing, or weight loss first?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Natasha Elyssa

I weigh over 300 lbs, it's disturbing. Trust me, I know. I was wondering whether I should focus on loosing weight first (goal is to weigh 145 lbs by college, at least), or if I should cross-dress first? Like should I wait until I have a more comfortable and healthy body first? Or should I dress femininely regardless of my weight problem.

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe try to compromise. Like, set a goal. Once you lose 20 lbs, then you start crossdressing? Or, both at once. just start eating smaller portions, and you'll be fine, probably. Most people don't understand that. You don't need to diet necessarily; just start eating less, and exercising more. Good luck!

3. randomconnorcon

I had similar questions when I started losing weight; do I lose weight first or do I dress the way I want to be perceived as now? I chose to compromise; for every goal I met, I bought something new. Sometimes in a size I can fit in, sometimes in one too small because that'll be my next goal. The only thing I haven't bought yet is a binder, I want to hit my ultimate goal and no longer have to lose weight before I buy that.

Exercising more and eating less (and cleaner) is basically the things you need to losing weight, and having goals in mind really help for maintaining them. Maybe it'll work for you you.