1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Envy girls?!? HEL

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by noname8387, Oct 18, 2015.

1. noname8387

Hello everyone!

I am a gay man in his early 20s and lately i've been thinking a lot about my gender (which i never questioned before).

The reason why i do now is because i identify a lot with female characters in tv shows and very rarely with straight male ones.

And i also have no body dysphoria and like to be a guy but lately i have been feeling envy towards girls' long wavy hair and i love dresses and heels. I only feel envy in formal attires. Day to day i like a lot more men's clothing.

With pronouns in my head "she" doesn't feel like me, and i sort of like "he" but sometimes i don't feel worthy of being called that, i feel like i am not man enough.

Visualising my future i like being a man, visualise myself more living as a man than woman, and would like to be remembered as a man (At least i think i do).

Every time i get to a conclusion it is that i am just a feminine gay guy but then i look at women such as Coco Chanel, Lady Gaga and Madeline Stowe and want to look like them?

I feel like this only with a group of women with certain characteristics: beautiful, elegant, smart, and strong.

My questions:

Is it normal for gay guys to identify with girls more than guys?
    Its it normal for gay guys to be envious of girls' hair and clothing?
    What do you think i am?
    Do you have any other

Extra details: In Wicked i identify with both Elphaba and Glinda and i LOVE Glinda's wardrobe.

Thank you for your help!!!!

2. Jalo

Jalo Guest

All of this doesn't sound strange at all to me. I think you're just a feminine man, which is perfectly okay.

3. noname8387

Thank you! any tips on how to accept my femminine side or be less self consious? Or to stop feeling this 'envy' thowards some girls?