1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this kind of dysphoria odd?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JaggedPrism, Oct 18, 2015.

1. JaggedPrism

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I expected dysphoria along the lines of my body not matching the gender I felt. And while it is there to some extent, it's much much less than I expected so long as I have my packer. What I'm having instead is terrible self-esteem and body image issues that I don't have the right body type to look like the male I visualize myself as. I'm too short and have too much of a gut, etc.

I feel bad complaining about this when all in all my realizations of being genderfluid have been smooth and pleasant. I feel like I should be happy with what I've got rather than whining about this one issue. But it upsets me and I feel incredibly ugly and dumpy.

Am I unusual in this? Does anyone have any advice? Should I just suck it up and get over it?:icon_sad:

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I can get like that too... Including with the weight thing, where I feel like I'm too big when I'm really slightly above underweight...
    Thinking about it can work for me. Thinking about the evidence against it and for that I am really not big at all... It can help. To think about it in a more rational (though not wishful) way like that can help.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think its common among trans folk

4. MetalRice

It's common, I'm a fairly stocky "male" physically, and am somewhat overweight; and that does weigh me down sometimes.

5. horrorgeek

Yeah, from my understanding, what you're experiencing isn't unusual.

6. AshleyDi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It's normal feelings considering the battle we all face everyday trying to be that image of what beauty is, thanks to brainwashing loons in the media.

7. thepandaboss

Yeah this is common. I generally like how I look but I hate how I sound, my weight's a problem, and my face is too round.