1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you call this?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by YinYang, Oct 18, 2015.

1. YinYang

I've posted many other threads about this, but I never feel like I get all my emotions into one thread, so sorry if this is long.

I don't really care what my gender is. I don't care that I've got a vagina. The thought of having a penis is... interesting. Not interesting enough that I want to have bottom surgery, but interesting enough that I'd like to know what it feels like. I've wondered what it would be like to have been born male and usually come to the conclusion that I would be expected to act more 'manly', but that's the only big difference I can think of. I like to bind, and I like having a flat chest. I don't mind when people call me 'he' by accident, and the thought of being referred to as 'they' sounds nice. I don't think my femininity has anything to do with my biological gender. I hate skirts, long or short, and I only wear dresses for special occasions. It's nice to look pretty, but I feel awkward and out of place. I feel better back in my normal clothes. I like loose t-shirts and baggy jeans, I'm almost always wearing sneakers, and my hair is always in a ponytail. I often find myself looking at the boys' section or the mens' section when shopping, and I sometimes end up buying something from one of those sections. I hate it when guys act 'gentlemanly' around me and I would rather, for example, hold the door for someone else, or help someone else carry something. I don't really believe in 'ladies first'. If someone can't tell if I'm a girl or boy, it doesn't matter to me. I'd rather not specify my gender because it really doesn't matter. I feel more like a person than a girl.

Sorry it was so long. I'm pretty sure I got all my thoughts in, but it's a little random. Hopefully, someone can make some sense of this jumbled mess of thoughts and help me out a little. Thanks!

2. littleraven

I can relate to this a lot.

3. Jellal

You say "make sense of this."

But reading it, it makes sense to me.

EDIT: It's good that you're able to lay out your thoughts like this.
    What I'm trying to say is ... I dunno if there is another immediate conclusion to be drawn from reading this, aside from the fact that you appear to be pretty good at figuring out what you like and don't like.
    To be honest, this is usually the level of self-analysis that makes me feel most satisfied. Going further tends to be jumping to conclusions more than anything. Likes and dislikes, laying out your feelings like this, is closer to the truth anyway than assigning an arbitrary label.

It's the difference between a "letter grade" and a fully-written evaluation by a teacher.

DOUBLE EDIT: Guh, I'm such an airhead sometimes. I didn't even answer your question!
    You said "What would you call this?" Probably agender, like you say yourself. Cisgender folks tend to get much more upset when they are referred to as men even remotely when they're women. Like, I knew this girl who always flipped out whenever anyone called her "dude."

#3 Jellal, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  4. YinYang

I meant it is all over the place and there is no clear order, it's just... chaos. I'm glad you could understand it, though.

That makes sense. I guess I just wanted someone else's insight. Thank you.

5. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds a lot like me to be honest and I find agender is the best way to describe it.

6. MayaBee

That was really well written! And even tho I am not questioning my gender nor am I really thinking about it, but what you wrote down made a lot of sense! I somehow can totally relate.