1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fear of prejudice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Eveline, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I went today to a family doctor and she put me in the nationwide medical system as transgender. She waa sweet but coming home made me feel so vulnerable, that for now on whenever a doctor sees me I am at risk. I feel that this fear is bordering on excessive at this stage, there are clear advantages of being out to people who treat me medically especially considering the fact that I am transitioning. In three months or so I will for the rest of my life be taking Estrogen so I can't really hide it. I just don't know how to stop being afraid so much about prejudice and I feel that it is in many ways holding me back. My family responded really badly when I came out and it left me with the feeling that if the people I love responded in such a way, no one would accept me and others will hurt me also. Anyone know how to deal with this and stop feeling so afraid?

2. littleraven

Sometimes it takes time.

3. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It does!

Feeling much beter now... (*hug*)