1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with gender identity?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Awoken, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Awoken

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, so I'm probably not as educated as I should be in the ways of gender identity (although I am learning). But I can't quite find the right term to suit me. I have a few that I loosely identify with but I need help clarifying a few definitions so I can decide on the best one to use.

I was assigned female at birth, and for the most part identify as female. I considered demigirl, because I do loosely identify as female, but with a lot of masculine traits. I know I'm not male, that's a definite. However, I also considered Agender. I do identify with both demigirl and agender. I guess in a sort of bigender way? identifying with both demigirl and agender. The problem is that the two are contradictory.... so I was wondering if there was a term that would describe me identifying with both? would it just be bigender? or is there a term for feeling like you have no gender some of the time and loosely identifying as female at others? genderfluid? because again I feel that's an umbrella term and one that I don't particularly identify with...

Someone just give me a term that will accurately describe identifying loosely as female, and also agender.. I would say it's shifting like genderfluid people, but it isn't. they're both constant factors.. like I have dual genders but simultaneously? female loosely but another gender entirely at the same time?

Or maybe it's just too out there and there isn't a term. I don't know. just curious.

2. InfinityonHigh

I think I've read somewhere that bigender isn't always both male and female at the same time.

3. Awoken

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So you think I could use bigender to state that I feel like a demigirl/ agender person? I guess so

4. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm sorry but your signature..........
    It's fantastic

5. Awoken

Out Status:
    Out to everyone