1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is my mom so butt-hurt?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Natasha Elyssa

Why the heck is my mom so butt-hurt over me being Trans? It's like she thinks that it's a choice and I should decide to "not do stuff like that" Like she told me to see my counselor, and when I came home today and told her I got an appointment, she got mad and reacted like I broke her TV or something. Like wtf? What did I do to her? Like why does she have to be such an emotionally disturbed bitch! She's the victim of a heinous crime, called life. All she does is complain, get angry for no reason, act like she's crippled because her feet are tired. I should video tape her, just to show how bad she can be. Why? What reason does she have to be mad at me? She was fine until I said I didn't want to eat what she wanted to make for dinner. Then when I showed her my note and told her what it was for, she snapped and said "Alright, go talk to her! I don't know what to do right now! I really don't! Just....I really wish you wouldn't do stuff like that." Then when I tried to leave the room, she was being obnoxious by opening the refrigerator and cabinets and blocking the door with her body "looking for food" and wonders why I went upstairs. This is just one tiny thing, she does psycho stuff all the time! And thinks nothing of it! In fact, she blames everyone but herself for her "problems" and bursts of anger and stuff. I hope college comes soon, can't wait to get away from her.

2. Lazuri

It's common for parents to feel like they're losing a child and so it's not uncommon for them to also go through the five stages of grief. Judging from your previous posts and this one, she has worked through "denial" and has passed on to "anger."

3. FootballFan101

After this is over get ready for her to try and bargain. If that fails she will be depressed until finally, acceptance

4. littleraven

It hurts when people don't understand and they say hurtful things. She may accept that you are still who you've always been one day. It's possible that she's going through the stages of grief like the others said.

5. TheRealTheaJane

It's strange... my ex-mother went through all stages including violence in one month except for acceptance.

Hold on to yourself Natasha! Your mother cannot stop you being you. It may take her a long time, possibly forever, but you are allowed to keep secrets from her (makeup, etc.). I think when you go to the appointment you should definitely ask her to go too. It will help you both at lot. A lot of people see it as a choice, or a preference, rather than a need, which sucks :dry:

It sounds like, in all honesty, she is in a stage of deep denial over life. Maybe she's suffering depression from something too?