1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It hurts

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AnnoNemus, Oct 20, 2015.

1. AnnoNemus

Some days my dysphoria is mild enough that I wonder if I'm really even trans. Other days, like today, it gets me so hard it's almost physically painful, like a rock right in the middle of my chest. I guess the pain is the best indicator that I am correct in my assessment of my proper gender. I feel closer to crying tonight than I did when my grandmother died.

2. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry you're feeling this way right now. Dysphoria does fluctuate quite naturally, but when it's bad, it can really be terrible. I would say just try and distract yourself right now, with anything that will hold your attention. Just taking your mind off of this might help. Or doing anything specific that can alleviate dysphoria that has worked for you in the past, maybe try those if you have any.

You have our support, and hope you're able to get through this (*hug*) Hold on there.

#2 Alder, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015