1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing my nerve....

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Natasha Elyssa

I feel like I'm losing my nerve. I have to go see my guidance counselor in school, because I made an appointment with her. But know I feel anxious and nervous. I will not chicken out, but I need some advise here. I need someone to hype me up. Plus my mom asked me this morning if I was still going to see my counselor, and asked me again a few minutes ago when she gave me dinner. She asks kinda sarcastically, and just went dead silent after each time. She's not making me feel better. Plz, advice? Help? <3

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Counselors are that to use and abuse (not literally, but you know what I mean). Think of something you just want to vent out and give them everything you got. I actually do like counseling. It's nice to let your guard down and have someone to talk to.

Just think - there's someone out there who has set a part of their time to focus on ME. :grin:

That's how I like to think, anyway, haha.

Although, I don't know your story, so I can't really give specific advice. How come you're going to the counselor? If you don't mind me asking, of course.

3. randomconnorcon

Don't cancel the appointment, no matter how much your mind might tell you otherwise. Sometimes the mind lies and says wait another day, but that'll just make things worse in the end. At least it does for me. Maybe knowing exactly what you want to say might make you a little less anxious; write it down, even if you don't show it to her. Just so you know what you wanna talk to her about.

As for your mum, I think it's best to just be honest with her. Ignore the sarcasm and just answer her questions. If she doesn't let you, there's not much you can do about it besides ignore it. Parents think they know everything and they go on the offensive when something changes that, so you just gotta let them deal. Usually they come around.