1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was it a phase to you?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by noname8387, Oct 21, 2015.

1. noname8387

I am a guy who has been confused bout his gender lately. And in this forum i've seen many cases where people were confused like me and then they came to terms with being trans.

But do you know cases of people who were questioning for a little time but then realised they are actually ok with their assigned gender?

If that is your case or of someone else you know, what made you question yourself and what made you realise you are not trans (or still on the side of the spectrum you were assigned)?

Thanks!

PS. I know there is nothing wrong with being trans. I am just a really 'structural' person and i feel stressed about not being able to classify myself. In my every day life i am ok with my gender, but lately i can't stop looking at women and wanting their hair, clothing and shoes, how do i stop this and just enjoy life? i like aspects from both genders and just wish i could have the best of both.

I think for that same reason of being 'structural' i am struggling with labelling myself because i don't believe a lot in non-binary (not trying to be rude at all) but in the same manner it seems like androgyny and non-binary labels are a lot of times in process of coming to terms with themselves or in some denial.

Please try to comment, any feedback is more than welcome and i'll try to keep an open mind.

Thank you!!!

2. onlyhuman33

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can honestly tell you that, since reading these forums, I haven't decided to stay with my assigned gender. But at the same time I've read some really interesting posts that made me think about things. But that, I feel is the whole point. To get as much information as possible. To see things presented to you from a different point of view. I found this website by looking on the internet for some answers to questions. I don't think this is necessarily going to answer your question, and I apologize for that, but I feel like it's ok to see something here and then question how it pertains to you. As for looking at women and wanting their hair, clothing and shoes. Welcome to my world!!! I relate SO much more to women's trends than men's. I can't stand men's clothing. For me, I don't feel like I will EVER stop my envy of women's fashion and "just enjoy life" until I am actually a woman BEING envied for her fashion. Again, I realize this answer isn't going to change your life, or help you figure something out. But I hope it does help you in that you know you are not alone in your thoughts. Be well!!

#2 onlyhuman33, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems to me like you're just wanting to be more feminine in presentation, which doesn't mean you're a girl. Just think of how you want to be biologically.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought I was a crossdresser. Nothing more. I was always curious about boobs and makeup and hair but too terrified to put them on. I always chose girls in games and presented myself as female online.

I felt guilty... but then realized this wasn't a phase. I didn't outgrow it. It didn't go away. It was more fundamental. It was who I am.

5. MissNicole

I had an agender phase.... If that counts. I was questioning trans/bigender, then got fed up and tried to be agender, told myself I felt comfortable with it. But I really didn't...

6. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    At a very young age, I was very effeminate and I had feelings of wanting to be a girl and wanting to do girl things. I believe around when I entered high school, the feelings went away.

I feel like the reason why I wanted to be like a girl and dress like a girl was because girls were pretty. They were beautiful, and guys took notice and complimented them all the time. I wanted to BE attractive. It wasn't until later did I realize that you can be a guy and be just as attractive.

So I guess you just need to figure out the core of what you're feeling.

Being trans is more than just putting on female clothing and acting female. It's BEING female. It's feeling like you were born trapped in the wrong body and the person in the mirror is not you. So if you're planning on becoming trans (and that's OK if you do!), just make sure you're 100% sure.

7. Jalo

Jalo Guest

For me, I told myself I would wait two years. My first gender questioning/dysphoric moment was in July of 2014. If I'm still feeling this way I will come out to my family somewhere in mid 2016.

8. wanderinggirl

I feel like it was a phase for me. Not that I am back to where i started, but that I haven't arrived at transmasculine. I am okay with my body, and sometimes am okay dressing feminine for certain events, but in my day-to-day life I present masculine. I thought that might be due to dysphoria at first, and i experimented a lot, but at the end of the day I am okay with female pronouns and with my body, though with a much queerer idea of gender now and much more comfort with my masculinity.

I hypothesize that many cisgender people question gender but then when it doesn't fit they never really talk about it or seek out community like other trans people do, and so the internet population of questioners is likely disproportionately representative of questioners who end up being trans.