1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arm hair...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MissNicole, Oct 22, 2015.

1. MissNicole

I wondered about where to put this. But it affects my identity more than anything.

Girls with thick dark arm hair... I don't see it around.
    Do you see it?
    Do you like it on girls?
    Does it affect how you see someone?

I'm sure I see it worse than it is... I'll find a picture later for reference.

2. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    I tend to not notice arm hair unless it is like extremely excessive.

I used to be very uncomfortable with my arm hair...trying to feel more feminine i shaved it my entire teen years.

#2 ebda30, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh at least with teenage girls of Italian and Mediterranean descent I see it a lot. Not all girls are entirely devoid of hair.

4. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm naturally very hairy, and shaving isn't an option to me. I learned that once when I was 11 after two months of shaving my legs, which then had the stubble of a man's shaven face. Not good. I inherited my parent's hair, and while the hair on my head is *gorgeous*; the rest, not so much. So I had to start waxing at eleven years old, because I was bullied, and it still kinda sticks with me :/
    "Werewolf", "he-she", "half girl"
    I constantly wore full-sleeved shirts and pants and refused to swim, after that.

I can't say I find it attractive, but it's not unattractive to me. I hate it that girls are expected to be flawless, skinny, hairless beings. I even starved myself, partially at an attempt to lose hair, and even more weight off of my petite figure

I understand some people don't find it attractive, but, it's offensive when called ugly or manly or something. If someone isn't attractive in your eyes, then they just aren't, and someone else will find them good-looking.

5. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    A lot of girls have arm hair, many of them shave it. It's one of those things that's rarely noticed but if you're mtf and hoping to pass it can give you away. I'm not out to anyone and am super hairy, so I shave my back and have been working at trimming my body hair progressively shorter and not even my boyfriend has noticed. It's not a huge change but it helps me feel better about myself while I figure out how to talk to my boyfriend without being misunderstood. I've shaved neck-down in the past and it feels amazingly femme but I was very self-conscious and scared people would notice my arms/legs and think I was weird which has always been my biggest obstacle. Also had problems with ingrown hairs in some areas like my chest when I used a razor. First off don't use a men's razor they cut way too close for shaving your arms/body. Buy a good woman's razor, the more blades the better. you might want to invest in a decent body shaver as well, it's faster especially if you let things go and if you get razor burn or ingrown hairs from the razor the body shaver usually won't cause them. Nair is AMAZING and pretty cheap but everyone's skin is different so try it on a small (3"ish) area before you do a big area like arms or chest, and don't use it on your junk. Remember, if anyone calls you out just say "i shave it because the hair makes me sweat more" or it itches or whatever. Nobody ever calls you out but I feel better knowing I have an excuse

6. MissNicole

I never thought of girls as devoid of hair. I've just never liked my own hairiness. And I've been trying to see people in public, how their hair is.

I realise I voiced this is a completely dumbass way.

But I literally have never noticed arm hair on people, unless it's been excessive.
    We all judge our own bodies worse because it's ours.

7. Null

I'm afab and I'm super hairy. I've always felt really insecure about it, but I also met a lot of girls that are as hairy as I am, or even more. Most of them bleach or shave, though, but they always complain about their body hair.
    I'm sure that if society didn't demand females to be hairless, none of them would shave.

8. Human After All

Lol my arms are real hairy, as well as other gals from my school. Actually, armhair is quite common where I'm at...it's totally normal :grin: . I don't see any attractiveness / repulsiveness in armhair, though, so it doesn't matter much to me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. MissNicole

Good to know. Thanks people ^^
    I personally don't demand anyone else to shave. And I will, some places, because personal preference. But probably not my arms ^^;