1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saw my counselor...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Natasha Elyssa

So...Today I met with my counselor in school. She was supportive and stuff, and told me that we need to focus on getting me a therapist. She said that she would call my mom and tell her that I need to see a therapist, even if it is just for my depression. She will also put me in an individual group where I'd be by myself. I hope she can persuade my mom to get me help. I don't know what to think though. My mom told me "I thins it's a bad idea. I think you're making a huge mistake. This is a mistake!" and all that "I don't want you to meet with her" nonsense. She tried to intimidate me and persuade me that I'm mistaken and I shouldn't talk to her. What"s gonna happen next? :/ <3

2. Jalo

Jalo Guest

Don't listen to your mother. Go to the therapist. Just know that the only way to fix things are to move forward.

3. FootballFan101

Renember the stages of grief? Your mom sounds like shes going through bargaining