1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told my general practitioner

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Madeleine, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Madeleine

I told my gp that I was transgender, and it was terrifying to do, and it was a relief. Then, for the sake of insurance for the transition, he suggested I get a letter from a psychiatrist and an endocrinologist, and the first time I saw the psychiatrist, I was terrified at first, and the second time I felt better. And the time I saw the endocrinologist I was terrified, but towards the end I felt better and she was so nice to me. My gp and the psychiatrist were very sensitive and respectful, too. So...my transition request form has been sent to the insurance board and now I am waiting...

2. CapQuestionmark

That sounds amazing! I'm so glad that this is happening for you and that (it sounds like) it's been a positive experience for you so far. I really hope that everything works out for you and you can be who you truly are! ^.^

3. Madeleine

Thanks a lot CapQuestionMark! The three healthcare people that I saw so far did make a positive impression on me. The endocrinologist especially. There was something. I think she had referred to me in a female way or something and she was no nonsense and assured of it, just calmly matter of factly saying it, which had a deep impact.

4. MissNicole

Oooh, congratulations and well done!
    I've been procrastinating from even registering to then tell them, but this gives me hope.

5. Madeleine

Thanks a lot Miss Nicole! If you can do so, make haste. The positive psychological effects are nice!

6. MissNicole

Gunna finish off my forms tomorrow and then hand them in when it's next open ^^ One emergency appointment coming up! [I have other things I need to talk to them about]

7. Madeleine

I am sorry to hear about the unexpected business, but congratulations on filling out your forms!