1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there even a name for this?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by WhoAm I, Oct 23, 2015.

1. WhoAm I

So I've been struggling with putting a label on exactly what gender identity I identify as. For a while I thought I was bigender but I am questioning that now. There have been many things that I've thought about recently that have made me come to the conclusion that I'm trans?
    First off, I am really dysphoric about my breasts, to the point where I can't even look at myself in the mirror unless they don't look like they're there. I feel uncomfortable in stereotypical girl's clothes (dresses, short shorts, skin tight clothes, swimsuits, etc.). I hate it when my mom tells me I have to wear girly clothes or clothes that aren't "lady like". I also like hanging out with guys as guy friends rather than dating mates (even thought I'm biromantic).
    However, I am not dysphoric about my genitals. I could care less if I had a vagina or a penis, and don't have an opinion either way.

So to sum it up, I hate my breasts, much prefer male clothing/hairstyles, but don't really care that I have female genitalia. I feel that I am transgender, but is it normal for trans men to not care that they have female lower parts? Sorry this is kind of long but I would much appreciate an answer. Thank you ^.^

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could be Agender, meaning you feel genderless, but with a preference towards masculinity.

3. Jalo

Jalo Guest

There was actually just a thread posted about this a few days ago or so: I think it's called "FtM but with no dysphoria towards genitals?" or something like that

4. WhoAm I

Thanks, I'll go check it out!

5. DinelodiiGitli

Gender is complex, really complex.

I can't say what you are for sure but I will point out (as others already have) that not all transmen get or have bottom dysphoria.