1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name Questions!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Eleanoir, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Eleanoir

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there! I'm Eleanor, or Ellie, whatever you'd like to use. I've recently been thinking a lot more about my name, going so far as to have decided on a first and middle name. But I'm having a lot of trouble with a new last name.

I have my own personal reasons, but I do not want to retain my surname, and as such figured it would be most convenient to change it with everything else when I get to that stage!!!

If any of you lovely people have chosen your own last name, please, let me know any ideas or thought processes might help me choose.

If any of this didn't particularly make sense, or you wanted to ask some questions, please respond!! I'll try and respond quickly as well!

Thank you!

~Eleanor

2. Mags the Goron

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Personally, I've never chosen my surname, but I like to create OC's, so I guess I have a little experience.
    One of my OC's is called Agimé Steiner, and they are based off myself. Because one of my ancestors' surname was related to stones, and I like German, I chose Steiner.
    Perhaps you could translate your surname, or at least part of it, into a different language? Or take it after a character in a book you liked (careful with this one, you make grow to dislike that character/book)?

3. MissNicole

A bunch of my characters have the same last name. And the way I created it, is I found an element about my characters that I really liked and then messed around with the words until I found something that just /felt/ right.

4. Eleanoir

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The only surname so far that has really stuck is actually my great grandmother's maiden name.