1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help....

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JaggedPrism, Oct 24, 2015.

1. JaggedPrism

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What do you do when the dysphoria is bad? Nothing feels right. I can't pass as male, and between male and bigender, I feel alternately like part of me was cut away or like I never had something I deeply need (not just talking about genitalia). Either way, I'm missing something deeply important that I will never properly have. Feeling female is rare for me anyway and has never felt right, especially not now that I've known the joy of understanding my true nature. And feeling genderless just feels like a gray void to me. (not to knock those who are agender at all. I just don't like the feeling)

I'm under several kinds of stresses right now so I'm fairly depressed and I'm having a hard time figuring out why I should bother with anything when nothing is right.

2. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey JaggedPrism :wave:

I can't pass as male either but when my dysphoria gets bad, I try and do things to take my mind off it. Things like reading, drawing, coloring in (adult coloring books :icon_bigg), drowning everything out with music, anything you enjoy. It can be a bit hard but you've got to try and focus on the task instead of the dysphoria. Try to keep yourself busy, I hope you feel better soon (*hug*)

3. InLoveWithAGirl

I can't pass easily either (large chest that cannot be hidden), but to cope with that I focus on the parts that work.

Like for instance I wear a beanie. I have shorter hair and with my face I look more masculine than other parts of my body. This makes me happy.

So, focus on the parts that work for you.

4. razorstar

As a pre-transition guy, I rarely pass. And on those days when I'm feeling terribly disphoric and someone comes around and tells me that I'm a lovely young lady, I do a few things. I draw myself as a man, I do costume makeup to make my face look masculine, I practice lowering my voice and walking so that my hips aren't swinging enough to put everyone around me in danger. That kind of thing. Eventually, I've found that those little things that I put my energy into when I'm down carry over into the rest of my life, and the little things count a lot.