1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what my gender is anymore

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by crystalgem, Oct 25, 2015.

1. crystalgem

Out Status:
    A few people
    I thought I was genderfluid, but ever since I figured out that I'm lesbian, I've started identifying as a girl again, but I still feel drawn to things like having a flat chest and when I look at boys I don't feel attracted, I just kinda wanna look like them, like style wise, and the flat chested look too...idk? I'm definitely not a boy no question about it..idk if I should still identify as nonbinary or not

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could just prefer masculine presentation? Or maybe have chest dysmorphia if you hate your chest. If it's only your chest, you're probably cis.

3. Null

Well, I think there are many things you have to think about.

First, genderfluidity doesn't mean that your gender has to "change" very often; you could stay as one gender for months, and that's okay.

You could simply be gender non-conforming, or maybe butch, and not necessarily trans.
    There's nothing wrong with exploring your gender and realizing that some labels don't suit you like you thought they did. Gender is very confusing!

4. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sound a lot like me. I have no intention to be a guy, I don't feel attracted to them or anything and I wouldn't like it if I looked exactly like a guy. I want to look enough like a mix of the sexes that people would look at me and think '???' and sometimes I feel like being more male-presenting than others, but my gender itself doesn't actually change. It's sort of like... one day wanting to curl your hair, then another wanting to straighten it.

I don't feel like I have a gender. So I've decided to stick two fingers up at the gender binary and set myself up a nice little rainbow tent outside of it, where I can ignore all the stereotypes and expectations, and look however I want. And I still identify as lesbian because... Well, I'm still a female and its just easier. I don't even care anymore XD

5. crystalgem

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think I'm butch, just because it kinda switches, like before I figured out my sexuality, one day I'd feel fairly "feminine" and want to wear skirts and makeup and then the next I'd want to wear a binder and someone masculine clothes (sort of Tegan and Sara esque style maybe) I even cut almost all my hair off a few months ago because at the time I really wanted to look kinda agender and I just wanted to have the look where people don't know if you're amab or afab

But when I figured out I was lesbian..it felt weird not calling myself a girl..
    and suddenly I felt feminine everyday instead of it switching every few days so I thought that maybe I was sort of like Tegan and Sara bc they talked about thinking they were boys when they were younger and then finding out they were just lesbian
    so I thought maybe I was cis all along, so I changed my gender on here to female

but now i find that when I look at certain things like "agender fashion" on pinterest or guys fasions i still feel drawn to it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: