1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was this stupid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Spot, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Basically what happened today was, we had this talk about sex in class today. I was worried that they'd bring up sexuality or gender identity or something like that. We were just talking about safe sex when suddenly everything just went downhill. The guy who was speaking to the class was talking about non-gender bathrooms (? I didn't get what he meant, unisex? Non-binary?) and how that's a terrible idea because apparently no one's non-gender because God only created man and woman and how people would just use non-gender toilets to spy. Then, he said numerous times about how we're born male or female and that's it. We just have to come to terms with that because it's never going to change. I have to admit that I felt super upset, I just drew pictures in my book until it was time to go. I felt sort of like throwing up and/or crying (neither of those happened BTW :slight_smile:) Maybe I was overreacting but it really hurt my feelings because it made me feel like transition was pointless because evidently some people will still see me as a girl. Did I overreact a bit? I feel sort of silly now.

2. Lazuri

I'd go straight to the principal and be as loud as humanly possible with my complaints. It's "educators" like him that drive insecure teens into depression or even suicide because they think there's something wrong about them. Somebody's gotta make sure it doesn't happen again; his God has no place in school.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's really messed up, and I'm sorry it happened. I would have been upset too. I agree with Lazuri; if you're up for it, you have every right to complain to the principal. The guy was there to teach you sex ed, not to spread is personal views on trans people. If you don't want to do it, that's fine too. Just know that your reaction wasn't unreasonable. I think anyone in your situation would be upset.

4. setnyx

the " educator " is ignorant obviously, maybe even questioning his sexuality. i agree you should say something to who ever is in charge. thankfully things like this are usually not tolerated if brought to the attention of the right people in a calm manner, so that it doesn't seem as though you are trying to " cause trouble " not encourage a positive change.

5. BandFangirl

BandFangirl Guest

You have every right to feel upset. I think that telling a teacher or principal about how you feel and explain that it made you feel bad could help.

6. AlexLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There will be people out there that will never accept you as you are. Its not right and it hurts, but you need to remember that the only people that matter are those that do accept you, for who you really are. You need to do what is right for you, rather that is transitioning or not the choice is yours, but don't let anyone make you question who you are or what is right for you. Most people will accept you, if you accept yourself.