1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok. Now I'm confused.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by HikaruStop, Oct 26, 2015.

1. HikaruStop

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's one thing being the least girly member of the house but now I'm regretting everything. I was writing a letter explaining how I feel when I had a moment where I stopped and though, "No one will believe me. My mum thinks I'm too girly. So and so said they'd never have guessed. Give up. You're a girl." I don't even know what to say now. I had everything going my way. I had a name picked. A hairstyle picked. But I can't even accept it.

2. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Woah woah woah. There are girly guys and boyish girls. And that's just fine. I have a friend who recently went trans, and they still act girly. And that's fine. Some people might not get it, because society sees gender as a bunch if stereotypes. It's not. Be true to who you are.

3. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey, that doesn't mean anything! I identify as male and I wear dresses and makeup. Focus on how you feel inside, not what you like to wear. And hey; gender is confusing. It's OKAY to be confused. Listening to your heart? Is one of the HARDEST things out there. But you can do it :slight_smile:

#3 RavenTheRat, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  4. HikaruStop

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I've seen pictures of my boyfriend as a child, and he was really a girly-girl. He was even telling me that before I saw any pictures. Listen to your heart, not what those around you think they see. Especially, if you've been putting on a front to try to blend in.

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If someone ever says you are to 'girly' to be a guy then ask them if that means they think all feminine boys want to be a girl.
    I have this same problem with my brother who insist I am to feminine to be a boy, which I find funny because I share 85% of the same interest as him.

Ask them exactly what you do that has them thinking you are girly and then say "there are boys who do that too"
    You like pink? So do boys, and originally it was a male color and not female.
    Find high heels fun to wear? Men originally wore those in European courts to make themselves taller
    Like dresses? Hey they're breeze and at one point everyone wore robes which is almost like a dress. Besides , while not a dress, Scottish men wear kilts and you you wouldn't call them unattractive or girly.

There is a counter to everything if you look hard enough, but mostly just do you. Let them know you know who you are and that despite how girl they think you are, you are in fact a handsome guy.

7. HikaruStop

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you also!