1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other gender identity or just a phase?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Trezero, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Trezero

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    To start this off, I'm a female teenager.
    I find myself wanting to be viewed as a guy and dress like a guy, even though that is not always the case, because I still think about wearing skirts from time to time.
    I have no idea about what that is. I didn't think about being another gender or consider it until the recent years, so maybe it's nothing and it will pass? But then again, if people do take me as a guy, I feel genuinely happy.
    Did anybody deal with this? What is your advice? :bang:
    I'm clueless when it comes to the LGBT+ community, conservative family and all.

2. ThatRangerGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well I am a trans girl, so this is flipped around for me . . .

Let me ask you a few questions.

(1) do you want to be viewed as male or do you instinctively know you are meant to be a boy? If the answer is the second you might be f2m transgender.

(2) Do you feel trapped in your body, and does your body (particularly genitalia) cause you anxiety or distress? If so you might be transgender.

(3) Do you feel uncomfortable with the name your parents gave you? What about the female pronouns. If the answer is yes, you might be transgender.

Finally what do you want, to be male, or to be a girl with masculine attributes'

If the answer to all these questions is yes, I am confident you are a transgender boy. If the answer to one or two but not all, is yes, you are probably not his-gendered but not a transgender boy either. Gender has a million shades of gray. At the end of the day only you can discover who you are, but whoever that is, I hope you love yourself, because if you don't nobody will.

I hope I helped.

PS regarding skirts, that could just be socialization/the fact that you are used to wearing them.

#2 ThatRangerGirl, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  3. Trezero

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    1. Even though this is quite stereotypical, I can sometimes catch myself thinking that what I'm doing or acting as is more guy-ish, that it feels natural to act that way. Of course there was also the thought that I would fit in better if I did those things and said those things as a guy. Not that there should be a certain type of how you act as female/male, etc.
    2. I do feel uncomfortable. Sometimes.
    3.The name is something that I try not to bother myself with. As with pronouns, that does happen.
    And finally, I guess I want to be male. I want to look in the mirror and see a guy when I wake up, I want people that I know recognize me as male, not as a girl.
    I'm trying to be honest, but I might just be lying to myself.

#3 Trezero, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015